Expert Choice Comparion
…the whole process of managerial decision-making is synonymous with the practice of management. Decision-making is at the core of all managerial functions. – Nobel laureate Herbert Simon
How it Helps
Today’s business environment: More variables. More information. More stakeholders. More of everything -except time and money.
That’s why successful organizations in government and industry depend on Expert Choice for rapid convergence of experience, intuition, and data to collaborate and make decisions with alignment, buy-in, and confidence.
A disciplined decision-making process employing credible evaluation methods will provide:
- TRANSPARENCY – Decision process easily deconstructed and audited
- ACCOUNTABILITY – Record of judgments from decision group and from each participant
- ALIGNMENT – Decision results aligned with objectives
- SIMPLICITY – Complex decisions easily managed with a simple yet rigorous process
- COMMUNICATION – All decision factors clearly understood by stakeholders
- BUY-IN – Balanced input from all participants – Collaborative approach
- CONFIDENCE – Proven methodology
- AGILITY – Faster, better, more justifiable decisions
- CONSISTENCY – Repeatable, reviewable, revisable decision making process
- DOCUMENTATION – Documented assumptions, criteria, and values used to make decisions
Transparency in Government
Many governmental organizations must re-evaluate their objectives based on the new political and financial realities.
All projects, budgets and resources are up for debate. Expert Choice can help. Our web-based collaboration and prioritization software builds on 30 years of experience. We quickly bring teams together from anywhere/anytime thereby avoiding unnecessary travel expenses and wasted meetings. By truly collaborating within and across teams, agreements are fostered with alignment, buy-in and confidence.
Key to any portfolio planning methodology is the prioritization of potential investments. Expert Choice’s software and methodology have been identified as a best practice by many governmental organizations for the prioritization and selection of investments.
- Conflicting Priorities
- Misalignment with core strategies
- Cross-departmental conflict
- Short-term vs. long-term focus
- Inconsistent format and presentation distraction issues
- Multiple meetings, hours of discussion, plenty of detail, zero momentum
- Lowest common denominator results
- Focus on alternatives instead of goals, priorities, outcomes
- Lack of participation, stakeholders not involved
- No documentation of what’s been agreed
Each day organizations face tough, complex decisions that involve multiple stakeholders and mountains of data – decisions that often mean success or failure.
With Expert Choice software and services, structure and repeatable processes can be implemented to enable organizations to collaborate around decisions to increase alignment with strategic objectives, buy-in around decisions, and the ability to move forward quickly with confidence.
Expert Choice software is designed to help decision-makers overcome the limits of the human mind to synthesize qualitative and quantitative inputs from multiple stakeholders. The result is sound analysis and clear thinking that everyone in the organization agrees with and understands.